Motor Insurance Claims
Do not admit
Do not admit liability or pay any claims out of own pocket without the consent of the insurer. Please also refrain from discussing the liability with Third Party and submit to insurer all correspondence received immediately from any Third Party indicating their intention to claim or the Writ of Summons for insurer’s handling.
Report to police
Call ambulance or/and police if:
a. Someone is injured;
b. Where a government vehicle or property is involved; or
c. Where a foreign registered vehicle is involved; or
d. Where a cyclist or pedestrian is involved.
Exchange particulars and take note of the particulars below.
Report the accident
Report accident at one of the insurers’ authorized workshops or reporting centers within 24 hours or the next day.
1. Registration number(s) of the other vehicle(s).
2. Name(s) and contact number(s) of the other driver(s)
3. Medical certificate or Doctor’s Report*
4. Name(s) and contact number(s) of witness(es), if any
5. Damages caused to the other vehicle(s).
6. Damages caused to your own vehicle.
7. Injuries, if any, caused to person(s) involved in the accident.
8. If possible, take photographs of the positions of the vehicles after the accident, the accident site and the damages caused to
the vehicles involved in the accident.
9. Use our Checklist to guide you on the details to collect.
For Private settlement, kindly use this form.
1. Report accident at one of the insurers’ authorized workshops or reporting centers within 24 hours or the next day.
2. Instruct the workshop whether the reporting is for
- Record purposes
- Claiming against own policy (Insurer will ask surveyor to assess the costs of repair)
- Claiming against Third Party Policy